Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Autobiography


Before I wrote a single word, I was thinking if I'm going to align my ramblings center or justified LOL.

Anyway, I want to say hi to you and thank you for visiting my blog. I'm brimming with enthusiasm as I'm taking this baby steps towards my journey in being a novelist. Please pardon me if this post becomes too long because I can't see the word count.

Let's start with the name. Gabrielle Dela Cruz, born on the 24th of January 1990 (Aquarius) I don't know why I had to inform you about my zodiac sign but I guess it's just me. (Obsessed with Astrology)


I'm a transgender woman. I didn't say it to out myself or anything, I'm just gender-proud I guess. Ever since I was eight, I've been writing short poems, stories and even made my own magazines. That was the year 1998. It was a bit silly because we had no scanner back then, just a printer and a computer. 

I'd cut photos from magazines, I remember clearly that I cut Chris O'Donnell's (I googled the spelling of his last name) photo and glued it to a paper with a pre-printed description and gotten them xeroxed to have a more news-paper-y/magazine-y feel.

I also published some of my works on Fiction Press and looking back, man I can say that I really had bad grammar but kudos to me for trying LOL. I even had one short story that I called...

FAME (A saga of something bla bla)

It's basically about BFFs who are both girls with the other one becoming a superstar (Hello ChickLit!)

Moving on to the future.

I worked as a copywriter for years and it really consumed me. What I really want to do is write poems and stories from my imagination and it suddenly hit me that instead of writing for others, why not try my luck and do what I really enjoy in life.

I enjoy reading ChickLit and Paranormal-Romance fiction and the books that I'm currently writing lean towards Sci-Fi / Fantasy and Paranormal Romance for Young Adult. I hope that you guys can join me in this journey. Leave me a comment here or follow me on my social media accounts. (I love having new friends)


Facebook Group (for quick updates) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/gabrielledelacruz 



Instagram - gabrielleonline

I also publish some excerpts of what I'm currently working on in Wattpad.


I love doodling so from time to time I'm going to upload my personal artworks here or in any of the social media accounts I mentioned.

Thanks for taking the time in reading this and I'm not just saying it just because it's appropriate but I really do want to thank you for spending your time in someone like me who's just starting out.

Writing is where I get to live my fantasies. It's a free ticket to my dream world. I hope that you enjoy being part of it for a while, even just from cover to cover.

Hope you're having a great night/day.

Gabrielle Dela Cruz

1 comment:

  1. miss some good links to complete this profile

    ReplyDelete